An interactive resource which enables the user to create triangles.
Use this resource for: area of a triangle, angles of a triangle, measuring angles, measuring length, coordinates, isosceles triangles, right-angled triangles, Pythagoras' Theorem, Trig.
Best viewed in full-screen mode: if you are using Internet Explorer press F11
The buttons (numbered top to bottom)
1. Show/hide the area
2. Show/hide the length of each side
3. Show or hide the size of each angle
4. Snap to a grid
(mm, 5mm or 1cm)
5. Stick to a line: the point will try to stick to aline when dragged.
1. Coordinates and labels, click once to show labels, again to show coordinates, again to hide coordinates.
2. Show/hide axes
3. show/hide protractor
4. Show/hide ruler
5. Show hide/rectangle
6. Show/hide cm grid
7. Show/hide mm grid
If the protractor or ruler are shown then an extra set of buttons is shown:
1. Rotate ruler or protractor clockwise
2. Rotate ruler or protractor anti-clockwise
3. Rotate 90 degrees
4. Zoom (protractor only)
The protractor and ruler can both be dragged about.